Nothing is more frustrating that putting amazing content out there just to find out that is not serving a purpose because no one is reading it. ?
Post Contents hide
1 What is Alexa and what is the Alexa Rank?
1.1 Where can you get your Alexa Rank?
2 Does the Alexa Rank matter? Why should anyone care?
3 What factors affect the Alexa Rankings?
4 Do Alexa Rankings affect SEO or traffic?
5 How many views do I need to be on the top 100,000 sites on the Alexa Rank?
5.1 The actual fool-proof method to improve your Alexa Ranking (for free)
6 Why great content is key to improving your Alexa Rank and your blog in general
7 How can you write great content?
8 New tricks to boost Alexa Rank fast in 2019
9 Other blackhat methods to improve the Alexa Rank of your site
10 Aside: Which sites are in the Alexa Top 10 Global?
11 So, what is a good Alexa Rank number?
12 Benefits of having a lower Alexa
13 Conclusion about the Alexa Rank
Alexa (acquired by Amazon and the almighty Jeff Bezos) is a company that maintains traffic data regarding websites, and it’s mostly known for its website rank information, called the Alexa Rank.
Related: Here are other SEO tools you might want to check out.
• Traffic from people that use the Alexa Toolbar (which is a horrible estimation of number of site visitors)
• Number of page views
• Time spent on site per visitor
• Bounce Rate and CTR (Click-through-rate). Learn how to increase your CTR.
• Quality and Diversity of the views
• Number of inbounds links to site (also known as backlinks)
• Social Media share, likes, comments count
• Site Load Speed (which leads to visitors not leaving your site so quickly)
• Site UX/UI
Also read my post about On-Page SEO factors and Off-Page SEO factors for the ultimate search advantage.
Getting backlinks from high authority sites will increase the domain authority of your site and help you rank higher for your search terms. This will help you get more traffic which in turn will improve your Alexa Rank.
If you want to get listed on high authority sites, read this post.
Bonus: Make sure you do not make any of these mobile SEO mistakes.
• Top 100,000 = 1000 visitors per day.
• Top 50,000 = 5000 visitors per day.
• Top 20,000 = 10000 visitors per day.
• Top 10,000 = 25000 visitors per day.
• Top 5,000 = more than 50000 visitors per day.
• People in the past quickly increased their Alexa Rank by using these methods:
1. Actually write amazing content of 2500+ words. If you want to do SEO yourself, here are some SEO tips that might help.
• If you want to attract webmasters (i.e. people that will most likely have the Alexa Toolbar installed) then you should write content that they will most likely read like SEO, digital marketing, etc. If you are writing for moms, talk about newborns, trolleys, baby formulas, etc.
2. More importantly, share that content everywhere (on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Pinterest) and get unique page views. You can also try running FB ads to get some more social traffic.
• By increasing your domain authority you will have a much easier time ranking your content, which will drive your visits up and will boost your Alexa Rank.
4. Constantly refresh your old articles (that might have dropped in traffic volume) and also stay up-to-date with the latest SEO changes.
5. Get covered on major media and drive more traffic to your site.
• It answers the users questions
• It is thorough (2000+ words)
• It contains everything you could possibly want to know about that topic
• It is easy to read and it is actionable, backed by data or experiences
• It is presented with great UI and UX
For the step-by-step tutorial on this, head to my extensive guide to great content writing.
Ok, so here are the simple steps to lower that Alexa Rank:
1.Install the dumb Alexa Toolbar on multiple browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc).
2. Download your favorite VPN (I like Windscribe) and connect to it.
3. Go to PageReboot on every browser, put your site and set the refresh time every 60 seconds (or longer if you’re patient).
4. Sit back, relax, read another one of my blog posts, and wait for about 15-20 min.
5. You can change the country in Windscribe now.
6. (Optional but recommended if you have the budget) Get your Alexa page certified by buying one of their plans.
1. You will get more business. A lot of bloggers will reach out to guest write on your site and people might trust you more.
2. Your site will be referenced and copied more (i.e. backlinks). A lot of bots are running around copying content from different sites that generate traffic. Most of the times you will garner new links this way. Since these copied sites usually have lower Domain Authority, your site won’t be affected by duplicate content penalties.
3. You can see other interesting metrics on the Alexa rank page such as these audience demographics on Gender, Education and Location:
4. You will be able to brag to your friends
If you’re wondering… No, I didn’t use this to modify my Alexa.
Want an added boost to improve your Alexa? Comment on this page with your url to get a free backlink to your site (which will increase your SEO). Also let me know if it worked and which other techniques you use!
If you liked this post, you should also check out:
• My comprehensive guide to put your SEO on steroids
• How to write the perfect SEO article
• The ULTIMATE list of on-page SEO factors (seriously… are you going to leave this site without checking it? Then don’t complain about not ranking #1)
• The list of keywords that will make you the most money
We have been helping drivers find cheap car insurance, SR-22, and
motorcycle insurance since 2001.